Gardening, Hearne Elementary
Know and Show Husky Sombrero
First program meeting of 2019-2020 School Year!
The students analyzed what plants need by creating Know & Show Sombreros! Each decoration they used on their hats represents a plant need.
An easy way to remember the basic needs of plants is to remember the word PLANTS!
- P. Place: In a container or garden
- L. Light: Sun or artificial light
- A. Air: Oxygen and carbon dioxide
- N. Nutrients: Nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium
- T. Thirsty: Like all living things, plants need water
- S. Soil: Or other media (sand, gravel, water) for growing roots
Leave a reply