Gardening, Hearne Elementary
How to Make a Grow Card
When you recycle you are actually turning trash into treasure. Have you ever received a card for your birthday, holiday or other special occasion? Have you ever planted one of those cards in a garden? We made a greeting card for someone we know that can be planted in the garden and will grow a plant. These are the materials and steps we used!
- Colored construction paper
- Cookie cutters
- Flower seeds (any seed will do)
- Brown paper bags
- Choose a colored construction paper.
- Tear the colored paper and the newspaper in really tiny strips, like the size of postage stamps.
- Pour water in the blender, about 3/4 full.
- Place the two types of papers in the blender with the water.
- Blend the papers.
- Choose a cookie cutter and put the mixture in the cutter.
- Place the flower seeds in the mixture and push them with your fingers.
- You can attach ribbon or raffia to the grow card, it can be given as a hanging ornament.
- You can also cut rectangles from a brown paper bag, fold the paper in half and then attach the grow card to the front. Special messages can be written inside.
- Give it to someone you know.
The card should dry and be ready for giving in a day or two. Don’t forget the cards have seeds embedded in them, they can be planted!
Leave a reply